29 July 2009

Work

Work is more interesting when you can laugh and have fun. Yesterday (Tuesday, 28 July 2009) went to work at 8 a.m. for helping with set-up for American Idol. The night before went to Champions with Amber, Leilani and Katie. Can you say YUM!!!! Their cheese fries are soo good, but always eat too much. Didn't get to bed till 2:15 a.m., but that is okay because I was talking with Amber and laughing my butt off. At work it was awesome because it was Amber, Angelina, Debra, J and I working together all day.

Side note: Don't wear a shirt that says on it "Free Hugs to Everyone" if you really don't expect people to walk up to you and give you a hug. We were outside setting up the shoots and this girl had on a shirt that said that, and Debra and I looked at each other and laughed. She then said "I are someone to go up" and as soon and I heard that I walked up to the girl wearing the shirt and gave her a hug. Amber, Angelina and Debra got a good little kick out of that.

Later on we were told that two people would need to go to the locker rooms and find someone who worked for the tour named Rose. Debra and I ended up going and Amber dared me to ask Rose if she knew where Jack is. So Debra and I walked up to the lady and I was like are you Rose? She said yes, so I asked her, do you know where Jack is? She said she doesn't know who Jack is, they don't have a Jack. Little things like this make the day go by much faster, and not make the job as mundane.

The chair set, 1400 chairs didn't go by that fast. We had housekeeping help us for about 30 minutes. There was a few little bumps in the road, such as the fact that the chairs on the side of the stage needed to be facing another way, and are lines telling us where to put some of the rows were off by about 6 inces.

I came home and was tired due to the only 4 hours of sleep, and ended up sleeping from 7 p.m. last night to 2 a.m. this morning. Than slept from 3 a.m. to 7 a.m. this morning.

So for the next two months will try to be having more fun at work.